Saturday, 26 April 2014

Essie's Splash of Grenadine



Essie's Splash of Grenadine nail polish has become one of my all-time favorite polishes. And rightfully so. It's a gorgeous spring/summer shade that looks super flattering on my asian skin tone (and I'm not saying that lightly).



Here's a little story to prove it.

When I first got into nail polish, I naturally gravitated towards the pinks. But to my chagrin, they either made my hands look too pastey or too wrinkly (we're friends here, right?). Since then, I've always avoided the pinks. But one day, I saw my friend wearing this shade and my little beauty addict heart started to pound. I literally HAD to have this shade. Pastey hands or no. To my surprise, this was not like the other pinks I have tried. It actually made my hands look.. good. Better than good, even. And from then on it hasn't left my top 5 place even once.
(I read somewhere that this was down to the blue tints in it. But whatever it is, they're doing something right)


Another thing that stands out to me, is the formula. It's again one of those gel-like formulas which I lovee. It also only requires two coats and is VERY chip-resistant.

And a little bonus for you: this is actually very fitting to the color of the year. Although it's not a true orchid, it's a very pink orchid, and that's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment