Saturday, 20 September 2014

The Sophisticated Lazy Eye


I believe every girl should have at least three everyday eye makeup looks under her belt and this is one of mine. It's very hard to mess this up, which makes it perfect for beginners, or anyone who's a rush (like I usually am).



Step 1: Apply Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze all over the eyelid. I love this stuff, it makes my eye looks like there's a shimmery veil all over it. I like to use my fingers to apply it, concentrating on the center of my eyes before gently tapping it outward. Be careful not to smudge it all over the eyelid from the get-go or it'll end up looking really messy. Trust me, I'm speaking from experience. I then use a blending brush to smudge out the edges before it sets. 

Step 2: Apply a medium brown shade on the outer corners of your eyes, making a slightly winged shape (I do this because I'm mono-lidded, but if you're not then just apply it in your crease area). Here, I used 'faint' from the urban decay naked basics palette. This will help you subtly define your eyes and make it look more smouldering

Step 3: Put a light taupe shade (a teeny bit darker than your skin tone) on a light fluffy brush and use that to blend the crap out of your eye makeup. Here, I used 'naked 2' from the urban decay naked basics palette.

Step 4: Mascara, mascara, mascara! I'm using my Maybelline Rocket Volum' Express mascara, which is great because it doesn't smudge on me at all (And it's not even the waterproof version!). 

And Walla! Easy, simple, and sophisticated. 


No comments:

Post a Comment